Tuesday 20 December 2011

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

So its been a month since I wrote on the blog last... A lot has happened. We have been working everyday since the Bethany team arrived. The two teams after Bethany were from Sunwest Church out in Calgary. Friends of the Berstad's and McAllister's. I have lost count of how many houses have been built, but I have had an amazing time getting to know the people on the teams and the local people down here that we build for.
One guy from the Sunwest team stayed an extra week and his wife and friend came down and ran a soccer camp in San Antonio. It went really well. If I remember correctly, we had over 100 kids the first day and it just grew larger each day. We were able to play soccer AND hockey in the dirt and still have a large group and small group time to spread the love of Jesus.
Last week, another team came from Calgary. Stepper Custom Homes. A fairly large framing company out that way. It was a mixed team of men and women, christians and non-christians. It was a challenging week, but still a lot of fun and a good experience.
I am ready to come home, but just for a break. I know there is a lot more work to be done here in El Salvador and God is not finished with me here yet. I am so excited to come home and see some familiar faces again! :) See you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment