Thursday 5 January 2012

Courageous

I was given the new Casting Crowns CD at Christmas before I came back here. The first track really stood out to me. It was called Courageous. Here are some lyrics:

We were made to be courageous, we were made to lead the way. We could be the generation that finally breaks the chains.
Where are you men of courage? You were made for so much more.  Let the pounding of our hearts cry, we will serve the Lord.

It made me think, where is my courage coming from? I am living in a house on my own, having to take care of myself for the first time in my life.. I am driving between 10 and 20 people around the cities and villages in the back of a pick-up truck, and I am with the teams 7 days a week for about 14 hours a day. Normally, all that would freak me out, and I probably would have wanted to stay home. But I know that God gave me the courage to take on this responsibility and He will help me through it.
I know these next 10 weeks are going to go by faster than the first half of my trip. I am excited to come home, but I also dont want to ever leave this place. My heart is in 2 places at once...

1 comment:

  1. God is doing great things in your life and definitely teaching you how to become a more courageous man of God. I encourage you to keep writing because God has given you things to share with the world. Keep speaking the truth, out loud if possible, because people need to hear it. You are a good blogger :)

    ReplyDelete