Monday 20 February 2012

FAITH

We live by faith, not by sight
2 Corinthians 5:7


I feel that God has been teaching me, not only these last 6 months, but all of 2011, to step out in faith and trust in Him.
Here's a recent story;

On sunday (Feb. 12), Pastor Oscar asked the congregation to give $5 to go towards the new renovations in the church. I looked in my wallet and found a 5 dollar bill. But that had to last me another week. I wanted to put my wallet away and save that money, but God had other plans. He told me to give it anyways and trust in Him, so I did. The rest of the week, the Canadian team payed for anything I needed. Snacks, drinks, and even a surf board rental and lessen! But thats not all... The next sunday (Feb. 19), when the team was leaving, a couple of them walked up to me and said they wanted to talk to me. They told me that they were pleased with my driving and happy for my help these last 2 weeks and they wanted to give me something... A gift from God. They told me that they made this decision as a team, and they gave me 100 dollars...
I gave 5 bucks to God, and he gave me 100 back. God provides.
Matthew 6:25-34 - read it.

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these other things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33

Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘go throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.” Matthew 21:21-22

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome example of trusting God to provide all your needs...and then some. Thanks for sharing and being willing to be used by God for something special. Love you.
    Ma & Pa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I loved this blog. Stepping out in faith is what being a Christian is all about. Faith demands that we rely on God more and more each day. I am so proud that you were obedient to his voice and that God rewarded you for your obedience. Don't stop listening and obeying. God has so much more to teach you and I am overjoyed at seeing Him change you more and more into the man of God He desires. :)

    ReplyDelete