Saturday 4 February 2012

Man up!

I feel like God has been trying to teach me to “man up”. To be bold in who I am in Christ. To stand up for what I believe in.
In the past, I never belittled my faith, but when someone attacked it, I never stood up for what I believed. I would take the hit and walk away. Im not saying that I am looking to fight or debate someone about my beliefs now, I just want people to know I wont back down. I wont be pushed over as easily as I used to be. I will stand up for what I believe. I will stand up for my faith. It is my prayer that God will give me the courage and the boldness to “man up”. To not be afraid of anyone, but to let them know what I believe and why I believe it.
Paul wrote this letter to Titus;

Similarly, encourage the young men to be self-controlled. In everything, set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us.
Titus 2:6-8

2 comments:

  1. I think this blog is awesome! Boldness and becoming a man are both things that men need to hear about and learn. I am so proud that God is teaching you how to become a bolder witness for him. It might not be easy standing up for what you believe, but it is definitely worth it! I can see God growing you more and more every day into the man that He desires you to be, which is freakin awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my friend,
    I am listening to the Casting Crowns cd as I read your blog. Praise God for your boldness for Christ! He is working in and through you for His glory! I am so proud of you. We love you and are continuing to lift you up in prayer.

    ReplyDelete